Kamakazy ® Copy Right 2005 All Rights Reserved. Public License Version 1.1 The information provided on this page is correct to the best of my knowledge, but things change pretty rapidly. I disseminate the information with noble intentions. However, any interaction with me may cause unwanted results. For any questions consult my attorney...

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

I went I conquered & I came back to write this blog post… Part 2

Fri, 2 Dec: I don’t think that any of us got any sleep at night; we were attacked by donkeys at about 2AM. It was scary listening to them walk up to us. Since our tent was pitched on a little patch of small rocks, the foot steps could be heard clearly. Except that it was coming from three donkeys, which confused me in the beginning to how many were out there. Tariq, Vishka and Terry went out to investigate; I was too cold to loose all the heat that I have saved in my sleeping bag. Plus, if we were being attacked, I just felt too cold to fight back. This was the lowest temperature recorded on the trip, 4 degrees. After the guys came back into the tent, Terry had a hard time sleeping. For some reason he kept on punching the side of the tent really hard. I thought he was hunting for mosquitoes. Turns out that he wanted to push back the side of the tent because he thought that the donkeys were back again, leaning on the side of the tent. After a few punches Tariq managed to convince him that it’s the wind.

In the morning, the goats came to visit us again. Looking for anything there is to eat. They loved Pofak. Tariq was able to catch one and we took pictures with it. After that Tariq just got wild with a Nishati and chopped firewood from dry branches, good effort there chap. After that we packed up and headed to Sharqiyah.

On the way, I saw a short cut to get to Sharqiyah, by avoiding the high way and taking an inside road from Izki we went all the way to Ibra. I don’t think we saved much time, but at least we avoided the twisted roads of Wadi Ouq. We got to Tiwi and started pitching up the tent on White Beach, we lost sunlight by this time, and we just managed to squeeze ourselves in-between two already occupied camp sites. Once the tent was up and fire on (we didn’t really need the fire), food preparation started. While that was being handled by Chef Vishka and Terry, Tariq and I went off to Sur to get Najashi… We had a good time on the beach, the weather was amazing, at that moment, I didn’t want to go back to Muscat the next day, I wanted to continue to drive around Oman camping in different places, watching the stars, sleeping out… but then, I really longed for a good shower.

Sat, 3 Dec: We got up, I was all energized to go to Wadi Shab, problem was, no one except Terry was willing to join me, I didn’t want to split from the group. After we packed up we bumped into the college group, they seemed to have had a good time in Sur, all full of energy. Then we headed back to Sur to drop off Najashi, who refused to let us leave without having lunch at his place. (Note: this is also where some made release). To tell you the truth Najashi, that invitation was a life saver. Thanks for lunch and thanks for joining us in Tiwi. After that we headed back to Muscat, I slept most of the way…

4 Comments:

Blogger Kamakazy said...

I think your refering to Wadi Shab, the one in Tiwi... Wadi 3aq is on the way before Ibra...

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 10:19:00 AM

 
Blogger Kamakazy said...

thanks for your comment mimi, if your looking for Wadi with water try Wadi Bani Khalid, its by Wahaiba Sands...

We are planning to go on a trip before new years... again same story as be4, lets see what it boils upto... I have exams the first week of Jan, so i'm not keen till mid of Jan...

Friday, December 16, 2005 11:54:00 PM

 
Blogger Lym said...

We were told that Wadi Bani Khalid wasnt particularly clean this time around...so we didn't go.

Saturday, December 17, 2005 12:06:00 AM

 
Blogger Kamakazy said...

hmmmm, maybe after the rains then... if it rains...

Saturday, December 17, 2005 12:15:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home